top of page

The answers you need to the questions you have

How do I make an appointment if I'm a new client and can I just walk-in?

Unfortunately we do not take walk-in clients. All new clients have to go through a quick questionnaire and review before we are able to accept you as a new client. After approval we will call you to schedule an appointment. Please click on the New Client Questionnaire tab above for more information.

What precautions are you taking in regards to the Covid-19 pandemic?

We are doing our part to help stop the spread of Covid-19. We require all staff and  clients entering the building to have a face mask or coverings. We have setup plexiglass dividers in all offices and practice social distancing. We are still seeing clients face to face but by client request we can arrange other ways of preparing your taxes by drop off, mail in, or secure document uploads.

How much do you charge to prepare my taxes?

Due to the variations of complexity in all tax returns we are unable to give a quote on how much we charge up front. We can say that we are very affordable compared to most tax preparation firms in the Las Vegas area. After submitting a New Client Questionnaire we will be able to give you a quote on approximately how much the cost will be to prepare your tax return.

What if I didn't receive my stimulus checks in 2020?

If you didn't receive your stimulus check or checks last year, you may be able to receive them this year. Talk to one of our preparers about filing the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 taxes, but keep in mind we do need to know if you received a partial payment or one of the two stimulus payments. With that information we would be glad to assist you when filing your taxes..

I collected unemployment this year, is it taxable? If yes, what forms do I need to bring in?

Yes, unemployment is unfortunately taxable but with new recent tax law changes the first $10,200 is now tax free, and if you collected any payments in the 2020 year, you will get a form 1099-g from your state unemployment agency in the mail. Some agencies also have the form available online to print.

I took money out of my 401k or IRA retirement, what forms do I need to bring in?

If you withdrew money from your 401k or IRA at anytime during 2020 tax year, you should receive a form 1099-r in the mail from the financial institution that manages your retirement account. Most financial institutions have the form available online. 

I purchased or refinanced my home last year, what documents do I need to bring in?

If you purchased or refinanced a home in the 2020 tax year, please bring in the Final Settlement Statement from the escrow company. If you made any mortgage payments during the year, you should also receive a form 1098 from the mortgage company(s) that you paid mortgage interest to during the year. Most mortgage companies have these available online.   

I sold a home last year, what documents do I need to bring in?

If you sold a home in the 2020 tax year, please bring in the Final Settlement Statement from both the sale and the purchase from the escrow company. If you had any expenses related to the sale like improvements, fees, and other related expenses, it would be a good idea to keep track of them and bring them in when filing your taxes.

I started a small business, what documents do I need to bring in?

If you started a small business during the year, please make sure to try your best to keep track of all your income and expenses that incurred during the year. You have to keep these records for at least 5 years in case of an IRS audit. Please bring in a spreadsheet, profit & loss statement, or download our General Business Worksheet located in the "Forms" tab above and fill it out with all your expenses.

I have dependents that I claim on my taxes, what do I need to bring in?

If you are claiming any dependents on your taxes, the IRS now requires tax preparers to collect supporting documentation to verify your dependents lived with you for at least 6 months during the tax year. Please refer to our forms tab above and download the Dependent Supporting Documentation form that informs you what to bring.

I started renting out my house, what documents do I need to bring in?

If you recently purchased or started renting out a house this year, you need to keep track of all the income and expenses that occurred during the year. We have a rental property worksheet available in our forms tab above to help you organize the income and expenses. If it was just recently purchased, we also need the Settlement Statement from the escrow company..  

Do you offer bookkeeping or payroll services for my business?

Unfortunately we no longer offer bookkeeping or payroll services for our clients. We specialize in income tax preparation and try to focus all of our efforts towards that. We can point you in the right direction on how to do your own bookkeeping and we have a payroll partner we work with we can refer you to. 

bottom of page